Wishing all my Sasha Friends, and of course their dolls, a very happy, blessed and peaceful Easter Weekend.
Unfortunately due to problems with the photos stored in my laptop and any recently taken photos in my camera not being able to be downloaded since the latest Windows10 update I wasn’t able to do the Easter blogpost that I had planned… SO I’m using this Easter Bank Holiday post here instead until I can find the time to do the Easter one.
1. Petrana gave me this delightful dress and pants set, as one of my birthday presents from her, and which colour co-ordinates beautifully with that wonderful purple floral coat/trouser set that I already had… and which can be seen again below to remind you.
2. The dress (with it’s matching knickers) is pictured here with a pair of DesAdorables lilac bar shoes and a small lilac hair ribbon in her hair.
4. Close up of the gorgeous coat materials.
5. See how delightfully the tiny patterned dress material goes with it.
This charming little dress which, like the patterned H&G grey skirt a short while back, immediately opened up the thrilling and challenging Sasha play opportunities of what I can add/put with it, from items already here, to make a number of different outfits….so here we go…
7. Firstly, the coat fastened up over the dress with Ruthsdolls purple lace up shoes.
8. Coat opened up to show it’s lining with the dress material.
11. The reversible little top that came with the original coat set used here as a bolero.
12. Notice how it (and her shoes) picks up the paler lilac in the dress print.
13. The other side of the top (and which matches the trousers) and to which I have added two of their hair slides to cover the press studs. The purple lace shoes match it perfectly.
16. Couldn’t resist adding this short piece of ribbon (originally from a past present, my ‘waste not want not’ coming in useful again!)
18. A longer piece of satin ribbon ties attractively around the waist giving it a ‘party dress’ look.
20. Back view of the trailing ribbon bow.
23. Slid it round to the front but unfortunately wasn’t so keen here.
26. Back again to the organza small piece of ribbon salvaged from a present wrapping, this time tied around her waist. I quite liked this more beige tone, especially here along with the JJ sandals.
29. Next I added this Ruthsdolls pinafore (that incidentally I must have had here for 20+ years) giving her a Victorian style look along with her JMD rag doll (a lovely gift from Ginger one Christmas) and then I found these little hair clips to pull her hair back.
32. Another additional ‘Blast from the past’ as they say. This sweet little crochet boloro was a gift 20 or more years ago from a US Sasha Festival. (I must apologise as I wasn’t able to put the dear little heart shaped buttons through the button holes due to my Arthritic curled fingers, but I can assure you that they do go through.)
36. A dear little Molly cardigan was next to be added. (Again apologies for not being able to button it up.) Perfect colour co-ordination imo.
37. In hindsight though I would have perhaps been better adding the little star shaped hair slides (which can be seen elsewhere in the post) as they would have been more of a colour match.
39. Next we have a Ruthsdolls machine knitted cardigan purchased at the very beginning of my Sasha collecting.
42. Lastly a slightly more casual, outdoor look with this DD hoodie. (Please notice the pretty little star shaped slides here. I’ve just naughtily forgotten who gave them to us but thinking that it could have been Theresa or Susan or Lorraine?)
My apologies again as I obviously got carried away, as per usual, with ALL these photos. Will I ever learn to know when to stop?
Many thanks for visiting us here and we hope that you are all ‘out and about’ enjoying this wonderful Easter weather.