Buying this doll on a ‘second chance’ (seemed that she was already sale pending from the previous evening, before I spotted her at 5.30am the following morning and asked for a first refusal in case the sale fell through) made me take a good look at my eight wigged girls already here.This new doll has now arrived here (due to quick Bank Transfer) and is residing in the drawer under the spare bed until a next ‘me to me’ gift is needed for a future special occasion. (Luckily I already have a good selection of wigs for her to choose from then.)
So today I am just going to show you some random, both recent and past, close-up photos (no words or descriptions as I was too late in starting this post) of my delightful wigged girls. I originally planned to take some photos of these girls out in the garden yesterday but had only got half way through when some of my family arrived…. and stayed until the evening…..so I guess that you could say a case of ‘family stopped play!’ Had then to search through ‘My Past Pictures’ to find some more photos.
1.Harper, a 1970s doll, customised by Shelly. (Wig make unknown.)
3. Riplee, a customised 1970s doll by Shelly and wearing a Ltd ed Velvet’s wig.
4. A 1969 Frido Party girl in a strawberry blonde Monique Cossette wig.
5.A 1960s Gotz slate eyed girl, a waif bought especially for wigging due to her scalped fringe area.
6. Belle, a 1970 Gregor customised by Shelly and wearing a light brown Monique Cossette wig.
7. Gotz 1990s toddler Esther customised by Raven.
8. An early Trendon Nightdress baby girl wigged due to falling hair.
Next Sunday I’ll be showing the next stage up from wigs, a group of my seven re-rooted dolls so hopefully I’ll see you then, meanwhile have a wonderful UK Bank Holiday weekend and a Sasha play filled week.