Below are some of my photos of a few of the SCW visiting dolls. I hope that you enjoy seeing them here as we did there.
1.L-R. This was a big get-togther day for Janet’s Edith, My Clarise (Gertie 2) and Ginger Mullions’ Gertie, Edith’s twin. It was a chance foir Clarise to meet her two twin cousins for the very first time.
Edith and Gertie were originally a Sashadollltd Pintucks and a Price Gregor that Janet customised as part of her Relpica Studio Doll project, whilst my somewhat slightly younger looking version was a 1970 wide faced Gregor Dark Denims with falling hair.
2. Gertie was wearing a new outfit that Janet had made for her and Clarise was in the outfit that she had originally arrived in…though I had added the tights and shoes. I can see that Edith too had a new dress on especially for this big renunion.
3. This was the first time that twins, Edith and Gertie had seen each other since the SCW in May last year. There was so much joy and excitement as they caught up on what each one had been doing over the last 12 months.
4. Ginger’s 1968 Frido NP lad Finn was thrilled to be travelling back to England, his grass roots so to speak!
He was very smartly dressed for the occasion in a vintage-sasha suit and JJ boots. (He had taken off his grey tweed jacket here as it was rather warm in the hall.) He is holding one of Jane Woodward’s little bags, decorated by Ginger herself, from Jane’s craft table as he was giving it to his sister, Gertie, as a memento of their visit to the UK.
5. Three very handsome Course Dolls here. L-R are Tricia’s lad, then Ginger’s girl and thirdly Janet’s boy. I know that Janet made her lad’s and Ginger’s girl’s outfits and I’m thinking that Tricia made her boys.
Ginger bought this beautiful 1967 Frido Gingham Np from another collector who was there as a lovely reminder of her visit. How envious are we?
7. Just adore that coloured dress on her! I used to have an almost identical doll to her, my very first brunette NP.
8. This lovely girl belongs to, and was customised by, Janet from what looks like a Course Doll face mould (but I’m hoping that Janet might have the time to tell us more about her before she heads off to the US Sasha Festival on Monday.) I’m not sure but she might have also made the body.
I just adore her dress and it looks as though it is made from an antique embroidered organza, a material that was very popular in my childhood. (I still have one of my early sundresses made from this very delightfully fine and flimsy material.)
9. Now I do know a little bit more about this replica Studio Baby as Janet used an odd Trendon baby’s head, customising it and then made the body to attach it too.
She is wearing a beatifully and finely knitted pram outfit and shawl rather like the babies wore in the ‘olden days when I was young!’
10. This trendy ‘Miss Nobody look-a-like’ could also be Janet’s girl now wearing a very pretty outfit by Petrana bought from her sale’s table (since I had bought the attractive outfit that she was originally modelling.)
11. I just adore these Frido 1969 sidepart brunette girls and especially with this length of hair. She looks really thrilled with her new shoulder bag, obviously decorated by her mummy, whilst on Jane Woodward’s workshop table.
PS. This is Anne Chandlers girl.
12.A very pretty later 1990s Gotz baby looking very sweet in her pink strawberry flowered dress.
14. One of the Sashadollsltd Sweater girls showing off one of her mother’s raffle won outfits. Perfect colouring for her.
Notice too that she also has her new handbag from Jane Woodward’s workshop table.
13 A blonde 1969 Gingham sidepart looking very shy and rather wistful in the SashaDollLtd original outfit of the red pinafore. (Always rather loved this later original outfit which was very trendy at that time.)
14. What an adorable little dress made from antique material this charming later Gotz baby Stine is wearing. Normally I tend to dress my Sasha babies in short angel tops or ‘bum freezers’ as we used to call them but I would willingly put this dress on one of my little ones it is so equisite.
15. Over time you often get to know whose dolls belong to who by the way they are dressed so I’ll take a guess and say that I think that this little Gotz lass, who obviously loves Penguins, belongs to either Jocelyn, Lorraine or Theresa! Am I right or not? PS this is Shelly Cuff’s girl in a Lorraine made dress.
16. Another dramatically dressed Gotz limited edition Yamka who surely must also belong again to either Jocelyn, Theresa or Lorraine?
17. Not sure again who this really lovely Ballet/Dungaree NP girl belongs to but I love the way the mustard pinafore has been added to the Ruthsdolls studio style dress enhancing the eye and hair colouring of this girl.
I had one of these beautiful dresses once upon a time and now wish that I had thought of doing this as it just finishes it off. Love those boots!
19. I think that this was the lovely Red Pinafore doll that Ginger so generously bought over and donated as a raffle prize but can’t now remember who won her. Can anyone else tell me the winner’s name?
PS.Shelly Cuff won this doll.
21 One of the Sashadollsltd Marina/Pink Dress dolls? wearing an attractive dress under her knitted cardigan.
22. An attractive mid 70s Trendon Gingham girl in the famous Blue Gingham outfit. (Wondering if she had a new outfit whilst there from the raffle or sales tables?)
23. Isn’t this the perfect coloured dress for this sweet looking pale skinned Gotz Carmen? Such detail too.
24. Baby Daisy who was so very kindly donated to take part in the raffle by Petrana and was excitedly won by DollMum’s daughter.
25. Dollmum’s unisex baby Ginger, now a little Amy, and looking very cosy and warm in her knitted all-in-one.
26. Dollmum’s recently purchased Little Flower now renamed Nina. Doesn’t she look cute in this pose?
27.Doesn’t this Dollmum’s brunette baby suit these lovely cheery bright colours?
28. A cosily dressed little Trendon baby belonging again to the Dollmum family, and perfect outfit to take the odd nap in as he gets tired during the day’s activities.
29 Edmund, DMD’s very special and long awaited little toddler, looking very handsome dressed in his super Superman outfit ready to take on any problems during the SCW.
30.Definitely a Gregor ‘trend-setter’ here with his lion shoulder bag accessory. Might he belong to Jocelyn?
Another lovely girl, Party Dress? wearing another knitted raffle dress win. Smart bag too from Jane’s workshop.
I just love this Gotz slate eyed girl’s shoes which were I think in the raffle and look to have been made by Betsy May. This girl belongs to Laura Horner and is wearing a dress by Lorraine.
Jocelyn’s little fisherman who was able to indulge in a little fishing in the hotel’s lake whilst staying there. Looks to have been a good catch! Adore his outfit!
The now famous traveller of the world, Henry, recently back from his New Zeland/Australian visit.
One of Lorraine’s attractive girls, customised by Shelly, and wearing a recently made colourful outfit by her mummy. Love those BOOTS. Definitely made for walking or catching the boy’s eyes!
So sorry but unfortunately I have had to cut back on the photos as there were just too many to list so have basically tried to add just one picture of each doll here instead of my usual two or three.
Please let me know if you can help name the owners of any of these dolls in your comments.
Apologies for any spelling mistakes as no time to proof read.
To be continued asap…..